Gunung.org is the home of Daniel P Quinn’s various projects. Who am I and what do I do? There is no short answer but I will try anyway….
I am a teacher, project co-ordinator and creative consultant working in the fields of creativity (creative mentor/trainer, music composition, author of published works), critical thinking (training / curriculum design), international mountain research (including creation of the list of Ribus which are peaks with 1000 metres of topographic prominence) and (most recently) Artificial Intelligence and ethics.
I hold a Philosophy BA (King’s College), a CELTA (Univ. Glasgow), a GDPR Skills certificate (Univ. Derby) and completed both the ‘Ethics of Artificial Intelligence’ course (Univ. Helsinki) and a 16-week Artificial Intelligence Digital Skills Bootcamp with the University of Huddersfield in 2022. I am currently living in the far north of Scotland and available part-time to work on a wide range of projects of various timescales on the following:
- AI Project Management – projects that have their foundations in AI and also helping companies adapt to a rapidly-changing environment in the light of artificial intelligence developments. How can AI help your business?
- One-to-one or group mentoring/coaching on creativity, inspiration and innovation (for all creative fields and all age groups, based on over a decade of professional teaching experience, my e-book ‘All The Different Yous’ and ongoing collaborative recording work with the acclaimed music group One More Grain since 2006). Creative inspiration walks also available, usually in the Scottish mountains.
- Critical thinking training including curriculum design and re-design. In order to help students or staff (depends on context) think deeply and learn life skills.
- Consultations relating to almost anything to do with Indonesia, based on a huge amount of experience living and working there. Expert on Indonesian mountains and mapping – see Gunung Bagging, a non-profit initiative I co-founded in 2009, and the e-book ‘Gunung Nusantara’.
- Music production and mastering services for innovative music. Also a one-to-one masterclass on tried and tested techniques I have developed over the past 20 years.
- Articles, guest lectures, and so on on any of the above.
I am exceedingly flexible. Happy to fit in with any time zones as needed. Send me your proposal or query and I’ll respond as soon as I can.
Daniel, March 2023.